Thursday 3 September 2009

er...it was I that drew it...


Dig in...
Originally uploaded by Bigfoot Studio

This is really by way of leaving elcrificated bread crumbs on the e-waves. Occassionally I get a 6-degree forwarded email via a friend or contact from an academic in a dusty loft publishing a tome on the environmental movement, or the subversion of cultural archetypes (as you do) or such some...looking for the artist responsible for this rejigging of the WWII poster campaign.

So I'm happy admitting to it as mine own painted child...and gratified to have seen it emerge occassionally as an image of the moment, that seems to have meant enough to a significant amount of peope that it got used and remembered around and a-when the place.

I painted it some time in the middle of my years living up at King's Hill in Somerset, living in what was then an open windswept hilltop paddock, in my Flash Gordon rocket ship shaped bender. Now it is a forest with it's own clearing on the internet and as busy and thriving a hub of life and alternatives as ever.

So ... the breadcrumbs bit...for the mysterious Prester Michael who has been seeking me these past two years...and others who may come straying up my cob-webbed stairy-case in the ages to come....some fly-tied worming hooks of words for Google's remorseless mighty enjuns: "Trystan Mitchell" "Dig in for victory" poster "King's Hill"....

No comments: